Sunday, September 20, 2009

Missing Smellie Ellie...

So I have been thinking about Ellen a lot...probably because I read her blog religiously since she has ditched me for Sweden. I was thinking about it the other day and if she had gone to Sweden years ago, I probably wouldn't have talked to her for the semester that she was gone. I might have sent her some letters or something, but most likely I would have just been filled in on her events after they happened. As it is, I get to read her blog so I know what she did the day after she did it. I have chatted with her on facebook chat, I've IMed her, etc. It's crazy. If I really wanted to (and if I could afford the equipement) I could talk to her on Skype through the computer.

That all being said, I have friends scattered across the world that I can get updates from anytime I want. I know that Slovakia and the Czech Republic are 6 hours ahead of me so when I am talking to my friends there, they are usually awake really late. I read their facebook statuses (stati?) that they post while I am asleep and know what is going in on in their lives even when I haven't seen them in years. I am able to keep in contact with people that live far away, keep connected with my family, find out everything important in their lives with the click of a mouse. It's just crazy. That's all. Just nuts. Completely pistachios.

2 comments:

  1. Completely pistachios, indeed.
    What would be really awesome is if someone invented teleportation and then you could come see me in Sverige!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I'm making your fishies fat. And also, my verification word was WiseUSA. I felt like the computer was congratulating me for being American. Thanks Compy. MLIA.

    ReplyDelete