Sunday, February 12, 2012

BBQ Chicken Pizza and Raspberry Yumminess

I don't know if Kar Kar will appreciate either of these recipes, but I sure did! A while back, I made BBQ chicken pizza that Jonathan loved and he has been asking me to make it again. I had been telling him for the past week that I would make it for him, but I haven't had time because it involves bacon that has to be cooked and I have been closing, meaning I haven't had time or desire to cook bacon after work. I made this pizza up and other than cooking the bacon, it's a pretty easy and quick dinner! Here is the recipe:

-1 Pillsbury refrigerated thin pizza crust
-BBQ sauce (I prefer Sweet Baby Ray's)
-A couple sprigs of fresh oregano, minced
-Cooked chicken breast (I have been lazy and using the Tyson chicken breast that you can buy refrigerated for salads)
-Bacon, cooked and crumbled
-Onion, sliced or diced, depending on preference
-Mozzerella cheese, shredded

Prepare the pizza crust according to the package (bake for 5 minutes, add toppings and continue baking). I just use about however much BBQ sauce looks right, mixed in the oregano, and spread it on the crust. Then I spread out the chicken, bacon, and onion, then cover with cheese. I like the toppings underneath the cheese so they don't fall off. After baking the pizza, I cut it and we eat it.

It's pretty straight forward and delicious. Not very fancy, but that didn't stop it from being completely gone after 15 minutes. Ben joined us, so it did take 3 of us to eat it all, but if it is just the two of us, it still feeds two with leftovers!

Tonight, I also made a dessert that I found on EatBetterAmerica. It was awesome. Technically, it is called Frozen Chocolate Wafer Raspberry Torte, but I am going to call it Raspberry Yumminess. Now, I feel a little bit like an old lady that I love this dessert because it is sugar free, low fat, and has an extra little boost of calcium, but damn it's good. And super easy. All you need is Sugar Free Cool Whip, Raspberry Yogurt, and Chocolate Wafers. It's grand, it's frozen, it's yummy. Not especially quick since it has to freeze for 4 hours, but worth it. I know Kar Kar doesn't eat chocolate, but maybe she will like this. Or she could modify it with a different kind of wafer...shortbread or something. I don't know, but she gives me ideas and suggestions about clothes, so I can do the same thing with food I hope...though really she should just eat some chocolate. It makes the world a better place in my opinion. :-)

We haven't eaten anything else spectacular lately. Though we did have chicken tenders and mac'n'cheese at home for dinner on Saturday night...it was kind of like we were 5, but also completely awesome and delicious. (I also had a pudding cup for dessert with a graham cracker!) Jonathan will be gone for the next week, so I don't anticipate cooking anything awesome for just myself. I will be making a cheesecake tomorrow for Linda's birthday, so I hope that will be awesome and will probably talk about that on here, but until then, I've got nothing! Here's to another week that will be just nuts. Completely pistachios.

1 comment:

  1. Yum!!! I will have to try this pizza recipe someday! Sounds like something Andy would really like! Keep up the awesome recipes!!! :)

    ReplyDelete