Tuesday, February 7, 2012

For my Kar Kar

I told Karie that I loved her blog and she wanted to see mine even after I told her that it is mostly about food. But she said that she could use more recipes, so I figured I would put up my recipe from tonight that I think even her picky, skinny butt will like (and I mean that with tons of love and she knows I'm just jealous!)

Tonight's dinner was actually an idea from my mom and it is a crockpot recipe, which I love because I have closing shift for the next two weeks and that doesn't leave me much time to cook. My mom made this with chicken breasts, I made it with pork chops because I didn't have any chicken breasts on hand. The recipe doesn't have a name, so we'll call it Crockpot Fajitas. All you need is the frozen meat (you can leave it frozen, no need to thaw it) and a jar of salsa. Put the meat and the salsa in the crockpot and cook it all day. When you get home from work, take forks and shred up the meat and add a little water if the salsa cooked down too much and make it a little juicier and runnier. Put the meat in tortillas with lettuce and cheese and whatever else you want. It makes these super yummy and juicy fajitas that are a little bit spicy, but not too intense! Plus, it only takes about 2 minutes to put the meat and salsa in the crockpot and hit the power button! Definitely will be doing this again, especially when my schedule is just nuts. Completely pistachios.

No comments:

Post a Comment