Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Halloween is Almost Here!

So Halloween is almost here. Jonathan and I are going to be Hershey Bars, I'm original and he has almonds...get it? I'm making them from felt, hopefully they turn out ok. This post is going to talk about sewing machines, because they are technology! I was considering using my sewing machine to make our costumes, but it isn't my favorite and it seems like a waste of time when just glue will suffice. Sewing machines these days amaze me. My absolute favorite is still my Grandma's. It has a knee pedal and it is the one that I learned on. It just has the basics; you go forward, press a button to go backward, etc. However, now you can buy these monstrocities that Laura Ingalls Wilder couldn't have even imagined in her wildest dreams! Machines that are programmed to do certain stitches and embroidery and sail you to the moon. Like this crazy machine that has more buttons than a keyboard. There isn't knowledge or skill needed anymore to sew, which is a real shame. I remember learning to sew in my Grandma's basement with that knee pedal, following the line on a piece of notebook paper with an unthreaded needle. Those were the days...these machines now are just nuts...completely pistachios.

No comments:

Post a Comment