Thursday, November 19, 2009

And Now for a Little Lull...and a Trip to Elkhart

Alright, so last week was crazy. This week isn't quite so hectic, but I have to get a lot done regardless because I am going to Elkhart this weekend and then I'm going to be back for Sunday night and Monday and then I leave for Texas on Tuesday...so yeah. This is going to be a quick post because I have to get things ready!

I guess I want to talk about this ridiculous study that I did today for Com Extra Credit. I was supposed to be in a chatroom with a few other people and we had to do problem solving type things. Instead, I was in there with one other guy that did NOTHING. He only responded by agreeing to me or questioning me, even when I was right. It was totally ridiculous. Though I do appreciate the fact that I can get extra credit for doing research studies, I think they are silly sometimes. The TA that was running this particular study was the TA that I had for recitation as soon as the study was over. I went into class and actually asked her if it was a computer or something or if it was to test if I would still work on the thing and try to communicate with someone that wasn't responding. Unfortunately, she said that the guy probably just sucked that much as a partner...which is kind of sad. Regardless, I got my points, so I guess it's not too bad. I think it's silly though that the COMMUNICATION research is often done in silence, on computers, without actually talking to someone. That is just nuts. Completely pistachios.

No comments:

Post a Comment