Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Busy Times!

This week is CRAZY! I have a lot of my classes cancelled, but I also have a ton of projects, papers, exams and things going on. Our pitch for Com 435 was this morning and it went pretty well. Kate ran out of time at the end, but considering we found out that we couldn't use notes literally moments before we presented, I think it went well.

I have discussion questions that I have to do for my Anth 230 class on Blackboard. I think it's kind of cool but impersonal that we have groups that we work with and we are supposed to have this discussion on a website with people we don't actually know and have never met. It's a little bit nice because you can be totally honest about your opinion and you don't have to worry about reprocussions...at least not yet, we work with that same group later on this semester, we'll see how that goes later I suppose.

I have to do an online quiz too for my Mgmt 200 class and I HATE online quizzes. Especially when they involve math. You have to copy everything down to work it out first off, then you have to work it out. And there is no chance for partial credit or anything. You're just wrong. And since it's multiple choice, half the time I think that I actually, finally, have the concept down and I'm finally getting somewhere. And then that stupid automatic grader sends you your score and you find out that you are, in fact, screwed by technology again. And instead of understanding the material and what you did wrong, you are told by the computer that you are an idiot and now you can feel bad the rest of the night because technology enabled you to know that you just failed that quiz, congrats.

This week is going to be just nuts. Completely pistachios.

No comments:

Post a Comment