Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Crazy, Hectic Monday and Tuesday

So, it's Tuesday morning and I leave for Texas in just a few hours!!!!!!!!!!! I woke up for my 7:30 class this morning, only to remember, as I looked in the door, that it was cancelled. So I was up for no good reason, but since I was on campus, I came to the lab to get things done.

This weekend in Elkhart was actually not too bad, surprisingly. My sister's play was fantastic. They were doing "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" and it was so good. I had never seen the show before, so that was cool, and I haven't seen my sister dance or perform in a LONG time. She has gotten so old, it's just totally weird to see. My dad was operating the curtain and my brother was up in the booth doing lights. Which is also totally weird because they haven't ever been involved in that kind of stuff before that I can remember but they were all into this show. And we went out both Friday and Saturday night after the shows, which was also weird...plus my dad didn't complain about spending the money...even weirder. My brother had gotten his braces off, so he looked way different and he has the scar on his head from his stitches, and he's crazy tall. My sister has gotten way tall too (I'm now the shortest in the family) and she has gotten boobs which is not even allowed as far as I'm concerned. My dad's pinkie is recovering from his surgery that he had to have on it a while back that I don't think I have discussed here, but he had some pins put in it after he smashed the bones to bits...The story here is that the drain in the basement flooded and he wanted to fix it himself instead of spending money on someone to do it. So he rented the machine, but his pinkie got caught in some chain or something and it smashed it to pieces. And he finished doing the job, might not have even gone to the hospital, but his sister said he should, so he did, and he walked down there instead of my mom taking him...granted it is only a couple blocks down the street, but seriously, ridiculous. Anyway, he ended up having surgery on it. So he has this elastic thing that he keeps on it to help the swelling and stuff. And then he has wicked scars going on. And he has this stuff like Play-Doh that is different strengths that he has to use to work with it. He went to therapy for a few weeks, but he has to keep working it himself now. Friday he had gone to the doctor and gotten this splint that he has to wear at night. He said Saturday morning that he had only made it about 45 minutes that night before he had to take it off because it basically takes his pinkie, which is hooked now, and straightens it. Which hurts like hell. Usually, the pinkie is mostly straight, but after he works it, it's like a pirate hook.

Anyway, I have to finish this up and get other things done...technology, technology...
Crazy that they can put pins in someone's pinkie to straighten it! Also! About the play! So the venue was pretty small (a high school auditorium) so there wasn't an orchestra pit. So up in the box where the lights were done, they had a video camera set up that was connected to a TV that was in a room off to the side of the auditorium. That's where the orchestra was! They were seeing the play live on TV, but none of us saw the musicians. My grandma and I actually thought the music was a recording, we didn't even know there was an orchestra! It was pretty damn cool though when we had it explained to us. It was just nuts. Completely pistachios.

No comments:

Post a Comment